England vs Spain
England vs Spain
Анализ на прогнозата
- Raheem Sterling and Adam Lallana have both pulled out of the England squad with respective back and groin problems.
- Gareth Southgate is expected to stick with his best XI from the 2018 World Cup, although there is now a space free in attack following injury to Sterling. He may opt for a like-for-like replacement or add an extra midfielder.
- Ashley Young was England’s starting left wing-back in the summer but has been excluded from the squad this time around. Luke Shaw could cap his return to the England squad with a start at Wembley.
- Joe Gomez has been immense for Liverpool so far this season and will surely be considered for Southgate on Saturday.
- Diego Costa has withdrawn from the Spain squad due to personal reasons.
- Jorda Alba was controversially left out of Luis Enrique’s first squad as Spain head coach. Marcos Alonso should start at left-back instead.
- David De Gea was poor at the 2018 World Cup and has generally struggled for Spain. Kepa’s move to Chelsea in the summer will only increase the pressure on him.
- Gerard Pique, Andres Iniesta and David Silva retired after the 2018 World Cup and this will be the start of a new era.
- Enrique may opt for Isco and Marco Asensio further forward, flanking the lone striker, to star Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul.
- England finished fourth at the 2018 World Cup and will hope to carry their momentum from the summer into the UEFA Nations League.
- Spain were one of the big nations to underperform in Russia, crashing out to the hosts in the first round of knockout games.
- England are unbeaten in their last two home matches against Spain but really struggled against good opposition in Russia.