Iceland vs Switzerland ( Lost )
Iceland vs Switzerland
Анализ на прогнозата
- Iceland pulled off a shock 2-2 draw with reigning world champions France last week and were leading 2-0 up until the 85th-minute.
- Emil Hallfredsson was not called up for the international break, meaning there is a space in central midfield alongside Birkir Bjarnason.
- Switzerland opted to mirror Belgium’s tactics on Friday night but should revert back to a 4-2-3-1 formation here, with Nico Elvedi dropping out of the team.
- Haris Seferovic faces competition from Mario Gavranovic in attack, while Albian Ajeti will hope to profit from Breel Embolo’s absence on the right flank.
- Iceland drew 2-2 with France in a friendly last week but will be disappointed not to have closed out the match after leading 2-0 with five minutes of normal time remaining.
- Switzerland, who beat Iceland 6-0 on home soil last month, were beaten 2-1 by group favourites Belgium on Friday but can take heart from their performance.
- Iceland will hope to perform better than they did the last time they faced Switzerland. Defeat for the home side would mean relegation to League B.
- There have been 14 goals scored in the last two meetings between the sides.