PSV Eindhoven vs Tottenham ( Lost )
PSV Eindhoven vs Tottenham
Анализ на прогнозата
- Ryan Thomas is PSV’s only injury concern ahead of the welcome of Tottenham.
- The Dutch side aren’t expected to make wholesale changes to a side that has soared to the summit of the Eredivisie.
- Dele Alli and Jan Vertonghen both remain sidelined for Tottenham, while Danny Rose and Victor Wanyama will be assessed ahead of the meeting with PSV.
- Christian Eriksen and Mousa Dembele both featured from the bench upon their return from injury at West Ham and could start here, with Harry Winks and Moussa Sissoko the players to drop out.
- Mauricio Pochettino may also elect to start Serge Aurier and Son Heung-Min at the expense of Kieran Trippier and Erik Lamela to keep his squad fresh.
- PSV come into this tie on the back of a resounding 6-0 win over FC Emmen to maintain their 100% start to the season. The Dutch giants have scored 36 goals and conceded just three in nine league outings this term, though two of their three defeats have come in the Champions League.
- A hard-fought 1-0 win at West Ham on Saturday saw Tottenham secure their fourth successive league victory, but like PSV, they too have lost their two Champions League outings this season. With Barcelona facing off against Inter, both teams will be keen to capitalise to pick up their first win of the group stage of the competition.
- Tottenham’s last visit to Eindhoven ended in heartbreak as they crashed out of the Europa League on penalties 10 years ago. Nonetheless, this should be an enjoyable encounter between two teams looking to kickstart their Champions League campaign.