Manchester United vs Bournemouth ( WON )
Manchester United vs Bournemouth
Анализ на прогнозата
- Manchester United caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is hopeful Alexis Sanchez, Romelu Lukaku and Anthony Martial will be available for selection on Sunday, though only the latter two have a chance to start.
- Marcus Rashford has started Solskjaer’s opening two games up front and could drop to the bench if Lukaku can provide some fresh legs, while Martial is in line to return on the left side.
- Ashley Young should also rotate back into the starting XI, while Juan Mata and Jesse Lingard compete for one spot in the attacking trio.
- With Chris Smalling ruled out until next month, Eric Bailly will also hope to benefit with his first start under Solskjaer. Fred started against Huddersfield to give Ander Herrera a break and the Spaniard is expected back in the team on Sunday.
- Bournemouth were thrashed 5-0 by Tottenham on Boxing Day but Eddie Howe does not have a big squad and will not be able to make as many changes as he would like.
- To make matters worse for the Cherries, Simon Francis was stretchered off before half-time and is ruled out for six to nine months. With Adam Smith also injured, Howe is short of natural options at right-back.
- Bournemouth may have to revert to a three-man defence with Tyrone Mings coming in at the back and someone like Ryan Fraser at right wing-back against Manchester United.
- Charlie Daniels was particularly poor against Tottenham in midweek and may pave way for Diego Rico at Old Trafford, while Joshua King will almost certainly return to the starting XI face his former club.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has won his first two matches in charge of Manchester United by a combined score of 8-2.
- Bournemouth were thumped 5-0 away to Tottenham in midweek and now face a tricky trip to Old Trafford to face a rejuvenated United.
- Bournemouth have lost seven of their last nine league matches, a run which started with a 2-1 defeat art home to United.
- United have won back-to-back league matches for just the third time this season. The Red Devils have not won three but are primed to do so here.