Manchester City vs Wolverhampton (WON )
Manchester City vs Wolverhampton
Анализ на прогнозата
- Benjamin Mendy is the only first-team player ruled out for Manchester City.
- Sergio Aguero missed Wednesday’s stunning 9-0 win over Burton through illness but is expected to recover in time to make Monday’s game.
- Pep Guardiola may stick with Gabriel Jesus up front regardless of Aguero’s availability after the Brazilian scored four goals in midweek.
- Now that Kevin De Bruyne is back at full fitness, Guardiola has a selection headache in central midfield.
- Wolves have a clean bill of health ahead of Monday’s trip to Manchester City and Nuno has some decisions to make.
- Ruben Neves has dropped out of favour in recent weeks and is no longer guaranteed a starting berth.
- Expect a similar XI to the side that won away to Tottenham at the end of December, though Diogo Jota may start in attack.
- Manchester City have scored 16 goals in their last two matches after following up a 7-0 win over Rotherham with a 9-0 victory at home to Burton in midweek. Pep Guardiola’s side could be as many as seven points behind league leaders Liverpool by the time they face Wolves on Monday.
- Wolves will be high on confidence after dumping Liverpool out of the FA Cup third round on Monday night. Nuno’s side have now beaten Liverpool, Tottenham and Chelsea and taken points off Arsenal, Manchester United and City this season.
- City are favourites to win and cannot afford to slip up but would be stupid to underestimate their opponents. As Wolves have shown time and time again this season, they are more than capable of taking points off the top-six sides.