Arsenal vs Cardiff ( WON )
Arsenal vs Cardiff
Анализ на прогнозата
- Sokratis and Laurent Koscielny are both set for spells on the sidelines after picking up serious injuries against Manchester United on Friday night. With Rob Holding out for the season, Unai Emery is short of options at centre-back.
- Nacho Monreal may be required to adapt at centre-back unless Emery is prepared to start Konstantinos Mavropanos on Tuesday night. The 21-year-old is yet to make a single appearance this season and has only just recovered from injury.
- Mesut Ozil has not started any of Arsenal’s last seven matches in all competitions and remains out of favour under Unai Emery. Even though Aaron Ramsey is leaving in the summer, the Welshman is way ahead of Ozil in the pecking order.
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan returned to training ahead of Friday’s FA Cup action but was not deemed fit enough to feature against his former club. He could make the bench on Tuesday.
- Cardiff have had longer to prepare for Tuesday’s match as they were not involved in the FA Cup action over the weekend, though the club were rocked by the tragic probable death of their club-record signing, Emiliano Sala, last week.
- Sean Morrison looks set to miss out for Neil Warnock’s side once again, while Harry Arter, Jazz Richards, Kenneth Zohore and Kadeem Harris remain doubts for the away side.
- Warnock’s tried Oumar Niasse and Callum Paterson up front in a 4-4-2 formation last time out and Cardiff ended up losing 3-0 to Newcastle. He may tinker with his set-up on Tuesday if he wants to accomodate both against the Gunners.
- Arsenal were dumped out of the FA Cup by Manchester United on Friday and will aim to bounce back here, though their defence has been obliterated with injuries. The Gunners have only won three of their last seven Premier League matches.
- Cardiff have only won one of their last seven Premier League matches and have failed to score in four of their last five league outings. The club were rocked last week by news that their club-record signing, Emiliano Sala, disappeared on a flight to Wales.
- The Gunners have won their last five home league matches and have won the last five meetings between the two sides. They are the over-whelming favourites on Tuesday night.