Southampton vs Crystal Palace ( WON )
Southampton vs Crystal Palace
Анализ на прогнозата
- Cedric Soares joined Inter on loan for the rest of the season over the weekend.
- Matt Targett, Mario Lemina and Ryan Bertrand are all doubts for the home side.
- Ralph Hasenhuttl will hope to have one of Targett or Bertrand available otherwise he will be short of options at left wing-back.
- Charlie Austin has been linked with a move away before Thursday’s deadline and he may not feature here.
- James Ward-Prowse has emerged as a key player for Hasenhuttl and appears to be a guarenteed starter in midfield at the moment.
- Crystal Palace have signed Lucas Perri on loan for the rest of the season due to injuries to Vicente Guaita and Wayne Hennessey, but Julian Speroni will continue between the sticks.
- Connor Wickham scored his first goal since November 2016 in Palace’s shock 2-0 win over Tottenham in Sunday’s FA Cup fourth round tie but is expected back on the bench here.
- Southampton are now three points clear of the bottom three and have won four of their last seven in the league, more than their previous 16 league games combined this season (1).
- Crystal Palace almost stunned Liverpool last time out in the league and dumped Tottenham out of the FA Cup on Sunday, scoring five goals over the two matches. They will be full of confidence here.
- The two sides are only seperated in the table by goal difference, with Palace edging Southampton. However, Southampton were not involved in the FA Cup over the weekend and will be well rested here.
- The last five encounters between the two sides have averaged more than three goals a game. Expect another entertaining match on Wednesday night.