Tottenham vs Watford ( WON )
Tottenham vs Watford
Анализ на прогнозата
- South Korea were knocked out of the Asian Cup on Friday, so Son Heung-Min is back with the Tottenham squad and he may start here as the hosts look to get back to winning ways after being knocked out of two cup competitions in the space of three days.
- Ben Davies, Harry Kane and Dele Alli are all ruled out for the home side, while Moussa Sissoko will be assessed after suffering a knee injury at Chelsea last week.
- Victor Wanyama made his return from injury in the FA Cup loss at Crystal Palace on Sunday, but isn’t expected to start against Watford.
- Kiko Femenia and Sebastian Prodl both miss out for Watford, with Daryl Janmaat expected to deputise for the former at right-back.
- Abdoulaye Doucoure will be assessed ahead of Wednesday’s match at Wembley, with the midfielder suffering with a knee problem.
- Tom Cleverley could start should Doucoure fail to prove his fitness in time, while Nathaniel Chalobah is also an option for Javi Gracia.
- Tottenham crashed out of the Carabao Cup and FA Cup in the space of three days and after losses to Chelsea and Crystal Palace, Mauricio Pochettino will be keen to get back to winning ways against a Watford side that is unbeaten in six. Spurs, though, have lost only one of their last 15 meetings with Watford, and have won the last five home league meetings between the duo.
- The sole defeat in that run came at Vicarage Road earlier in the season as Javi Gracia aims to maintain Watford’s good form of late. That being said, Watford have won only one of their last five league games, yet now is as good a time as any to face Tottenham.
- While Spurs have been poor of late, Son Heung-Min’s return is timely and that could prove to be the difference between the two teams at Wembley.