Burnley vs Southampton ( WON )
Burnley vs Southampton
Анализ на прогнозата
- Burnley put in a big shift in their shock 2-2 draw away to Manchester United on Tuesday and Sean Dyche will need to assess some tired legs ahead of this match.
- Johann Gudmundsson and Phil Bardsley both recovered from injury in time to face United, but Matthew Lowton and Steven Defour are expected to miss out once again.
- Matt Targett recovered from injury to start against Crystal Palace on Wednesday but there was still no Mario Lemina or Ryan Bertrand.
- Pierre-Emile Højbjerg suffered a head injury in midweek and will need to be assessed by Southampton’s medical staff prior to the weekend.
- Shane Long and Stuart Armstrong may come into the equation but Ralph Hasenhuttl is not expected to tinker too much with his starting XI.
- Burnley came agonisingly close to beating Manchester United at Old Trafford in midweek but for the second season in a row they conceded two late goals and ended up drawing 2-2. The Clarets are, nonetheless, now unbeaten in five Premier League matches.
- Southampton came from 1-0 down to draw with relegation rivals Crystal Palace on Wednesday. Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side are unbeaten in four and, like Burnley, moving in the right direction after a poor start to the season.
- The last four meetings between the two sides have seen under 2.5 goals and the last two have ended in draws. Another low-scoring stalemate is on the cards here.