Schalke 04 vs Borussia M.Gladbach ( Lost )
Schalke 04 vs Borussia M.Gladbach
Анализ на прогнозата
- Omar Mascarell could get a chance in central midfield after Benjamin Stambouli suffered a broken cheek bone.
- Suat Serdar might have to help out on the flank, with Alessandro Schöpf being out with an ankle injury.
- Youngsters Cedric Teuchert, Ahmed Kutucu and Haji Wright offer further options in attacking positions, while new signing Rabbi Matondo could make the match day squad as well.
- Denis Zakaria and Christoph Kramer offer further options in central midfield.
- Patrick Herrmann or Ibrahima Traoré could get a chance on the right wing if Thorgan Hazard has to sit out a further game.
- Otherwise, manager Dieter Hecking is unlikely to make any unforced changes.
- Schalke have picked up a solid four points from their first two matches in 2019, but continued to struggle in possession. Injuries in midfield and attack continue to cost them consistency and they might reinforce their squad in the transfer market before the weekend.
- Gladbach kicked off the New Year with back-to-back wins. They currently boast an eight-point advantage over fifth place and look to be on the right path to return to the Champions League next season, but then have an average record on the road so far.
- Expect this to be a hard-fought game, which Gladbach might just be able to edge in current form.