Augsburg vs Mainz 05 ( Lost )
Augsburg vs Mainz 05
Анализ на прогнозата
- Manager Manuel Baum has to replace both of his first-choice centre-backs, with Martin Hinteregger having left the club after criticising Baum publicly and with Jeffrey Gouweleeuw still suffering from muscular problems.
- West Ham-loanee Reece Oxford provides a further option at centre-back, athough this match might come to early for the young Englishman.
- Caiuby has been suspended by the club after having returned 22 days late from his winter holiday in Brazil, which was not the first misconduct of the winger.
- Ja-Cheol Koo and Dong-Won Ji have returned from the Asian Cup and offer alternatives in midfield and attack.
- Moussa Niakhaté should return to the starting XI to replace the suspended Stafan Bell at centre-back.
- Danny Latza and Ridle Baku provide further options in central midfield.
- Otherwise, manager Sandro Schwarz is unlikely to make any unforced changes.
Mainz have scored at least 2 goals in 9 of their last 11 matches against Augsburg in all competitions.
Augsburg have failed to win their last 10 matches (Bundesliga).
Augsburg have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 4matches (Bundesliga).
- Augsburg are winless in 10 straight Bundesliga matches and have only picked up three points in this disappointing run. After several incidents involving the likes of Martin Hinteregger and Caiuby, Augsburg are looking to improve their discipline now and have signed Jens Lehmann as assistant manager to support Manuel Baum in the battle against relegation.
- Mainz are full of confidence after back-to-back wins and only trail the European places by a single point coming into this match. Having won three of their last five matches on the road, they will look to take advantage of unsettled hosts here again.
- Expect this to be a hard-fought game, which Mainz might be able to edge in current form and given Augsburg’s new pairing at the back.