Everton vs Manchester City ( WON )
Everton vs Manchester City
Анализ на прогнозата
- Leighton Baines was forced off midway through the first half of Everton’s 3-1 home defeat to Wolves on Saturday and will miss out here. Lucas Digne is available again after serving a one-match ban and will replace Baines in the starting XI.
- Idrissa Gueye has missed Everton’s last two matches through injury but Marco Silva has revealed his star midfielder is fit to play against Manchester City on Wednsday.
- Yerry Mina is another injury concern for the home side, while Phil Jagielka is still sidelined.
- Pep Guardiola will be forced into changes when Manchester City travel to Everton on Wednesday given the quick turnaround between matches.
- Leroy Sane, Riyad Mahrez and John Stones will hope to start after dropping to the bench in Sunday’s 3-1 win at home to Arsenal.
- Benjamin Mendy’s knee is still not completely fine and the 2018 World Cup winner may sit out once again in midweek.
- Kevin De Bruyne barely had a pre-season and may be due a rest here after playing a lot of matches in quick succession since recovering from a second knee injury of the season.
- Everton’s poor run of form continued at the weekend after being beaten 3-1 at home to Wolves. Marco Silva is under huge pressure following a run of just three wins in 12 in the Premier League.
- Manchester City have the opportunity to apply even more pressure on Liverpool in midweek. This match was originally scheduled for the end of the month but has been brought forward due to the fact Pep Guardiola’s side are in the Carabao Cup final.
- City have actually lost three of their last five Premier League away matches and in the past they could have easily slipped up here. However, Everton are in a very bad place at the moment and City should capitalise.