Southampton vs Cardiff ( WON )
Southampton vs Cardiff
Анализ на прогнозата
- Danny Ings was forced off the first half of Southampton’s 1-1 draw with Burnley, with Shane Long expected to get the nod to deputise in attack.
- Mario Lemina and Michael Obafemi both miss out here, while Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg will be assessed.
- Yan Valery was dropped to the bench at Turf Moor last week, but may come back into the side, with James Ward-Prowse moving back into midfield.
- Victor Camarasa missed the 2-0 win over Bournemouth with a muscle complaint, but Neil Warnock will give the Spaniard every opportunity to prove his fitness in this key relegation match up.
- Sean Morrison, though, is ruled out of the trip to Southampton due to injury.
- Warnock may name the same XI that started Saturday’s win, that their first in the Premier League this year.
- Southampton will have felt hard done by as they were pegged back by Burnley deep into second half injury time to draw 1-1 at Turf Moor. No less, the south coast side are unbeaten in their last five in the Premier League and it leaves them two points above Saturday’s opponents.
- Cardiff gave their hopes of survival a shot in the arm with a 2-0 win over Bournemouth last time out, ending a four-match winless run in the process. Away from home, they have won just the once in the Premier League this season and that run may continue on Saturday, however.
- This promises to be a crunch clash in the battle to avoid relegation and one that Saints may edge at St. Mary’s.