Tottenham vs Borussia Dortmund ( WON )
Tottenham vs Borussia Dortmund
Анализ на прогнозата
- Harry Kane and Dele Alli are both back in training, but aren’t expected to feature here, while Ben Davies remains sidelined for the home side.
- Eric Dier and Erik Lamela will be assessed after the pair missed the 3-1 win over Leicester. Danny Rose missed training on Tuesday, so is a doubt.
- Lucas Moura and Victor Wanyama will both be pushing for a start, while Toby Alderweireld could come in for Oliver Skipp from the side that overcame the Foxes on Sunday.
- Son Heung-Min, Lamela and Alderweireld are all one booking away from suspension.
- Marco Reus has sustained a small muscle tear and is out for 10 days, which could prove to be a huge blow for Borussia Dortmund.
- Manuel Akanji is set to miss out for Dortmund, but has travelled with the squad, as has January arrival Leonardo Balerdi, so Lucien Favre may partner Abdou Diallo with Omer Toprak at the heart of the defence, given Julian Weigl’s absence, while Achraf Hakimi could deputise at right-back in place of the injured Lukasz Piszczek.
- In attack, Mario Gotze is set to lead the attack with Paco Alcacer out.
- Tottenham progressed to the knockout stages of the Champions League by the skin of their teeth to set up a meeting with Borussia Dortmund. They beat Dortmund both home and away in the group stages of the Champions League last season, but the Bundesliga side are a more difficult proposition this time around.
- Dortmund were pegged back from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 with Hoffenheim at the weekend and have now failed to win in three in all competitions. The German giants won two of their three away group stage matches, with their sole defeat coming in their toughest test at Atletico Madrid.
- This promises to be an entertaining meeting between two attacking sides and we could see a draw as a result.