Manchester United vs Liverpool ( Lost )
Manchester United vs Liverpool
Анализ на прогнозата
- Jesse Lingard and Anthony Martial were originally both ruled out of Sunday’s game with Liverpool but reports have emerged suggesting they could make the squad.
- If neither Lingard nor Martial are fit enough to start at Old Trafford, then Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may go with the same starting XI that beat Chelsea 2-0 on Monday night.
- Romelu Lukaku’s position up front is not guarenteed, nor is Victor Lindelof’s partner at the back. Chris Smalling played very well against Chelsea but the pace of Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane could bring Eric Bailly into the equation.
- Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has conceded Dejan Lovren is unlikely to recover from injury in time to face Manchester United on Sunday.
- Virgil van Dijk will return to the Liverpool starting XI after missing Tuesday’s 0-0 draw with Bayern Munich through suspension. His return will free Fabinho up to move into central midfield.
- James Milner could provide fresh legs in central midfield after starting on the bench against Bayern.
- Alex Oxlade Chamberlain and Joe Gomez are still sidelined for the away side.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer strengthened his case to be made Manchester United’s next permanent manager with a 2-0 win away to Chelsea on Monday, their first at Stamford Bridge in the post-Ferguson era. Denting Liverpool’s title hopes on Sunday and it’s hard to foresee Solskjaer not getting the job at the end of the season.
- Liverpool were disappointed with their 0-0 draw with Bayern Munich on Tuesday but must quickly pick themselves up for a trip to Old Trafford on Sunday. This is their game in hand over Manchester City and they will take the outright lead in the title race if they avoid defeat.
- Liverpool have scored in every single one of their away league matches this season, though Jurgen Klopp’s side have only won one of their last four on their travels in all competitions.