Arsenal vs Manchester United ( WON )
Arsenal vs Manchester United
Анализ на прогнозата
- Sokratis was sent off in Thursday’s Europa League match away to Rennes but is free to play here is required.
- Lucas Torreira starts a three-match ban for Arsenal after his straight red card in last weekend’s North London derby.
- Alexandre Lacazette missed out in midweek through suspension and will certainly return to the starting XI here.
- Unai Emery has been reluctant to pair Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang up front together in recent matches and the latter may have to settle for a place on the bench here.
- Ainsley Maitland-Niles has not featured in Arsenal’s last five matches but has been on the bench in their last couple. He is surely a better alternative to Shkodran Mustafi at right-back.
- Manchester United welcome Paul Pogba back after he missed Wednesday’s 3-1 win over Paris Saint-Germain through suspension. He is the only one of United’s 10 absent players from midweek likely to return on Sunday.
- Fred and Scott McTominay both did enough to warrant starting berths at the Emirates, while the formation Ole Gunnar Solskjaer selects will depend who plays out of Diogo Dalot and Andreas Pereira.
- A 4-3-1-2 formation would likely see Pereira start but a 4-4-2 system with Pogba on the left would allow Dalot to occupy an advanced position on United’s right.
- Arsenal lost 3-1 away to Rennes in the Europa League on Thursday but return to home soil where they have won four on the spin. In fact, their last home defeat was to Manchester United in the FA Cup.
- Manchester United will be full of confidence ahead of Sunday’s trip to Arsenal after remarkably beating Paris Saint-Germain 3-1 away from home to qualify for the Champions League quarter-finals.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has a 100 per cent record away from home as United manager (nine wins from nine) and will be out to make it 10 in a row on Sunday to stay at the front of the pack for a top four finish.