Manchester City vs Schalke 04 ( WON )
Manchester City vs Schalke 04
Анализ на прогнозата
- Nicolas Otamendi and Fernandinho are both suspended for the home side and with John Stones a doubt, Vincent Kompany should deputise for the former alongside Aymeric Laporte at the heart of the defence.
- Claudio Bravo is back in training, but isn’t expected to feature here, while Kevin De Bruyne and Sergio Aguero will be assessed, while the latter is one booking away from a ban.
- Gabriel Jesus and Leroy Sane weren’t part of the starting XI against Watford, but should feature from the off at the expense of Aguero and Riyad Mahrez.
- Key man Daniel Caligiuri joins Alessandro Schopf on the sidelines, with Weston McKennie set to start on the right.
- Omar Mascarell is a doubt and will be assessed ahead of their visit to the Etihad Stadium.
- Benjamin Stambouli may come in for Jeffrey Bruma in defence from the side that started the first leg.
- Manchester City secured a late 3-2 win at Schalke in the first leg to put themselves in the driver’s seat to secure their spot in the next round of the Champions League. Having won their last nine, Pep Guardiola will demand his side maintain their focus to not lead their lead slip here.
- Conversely, Schalke are struggling having failed to win their last six, losing five. On the road, they have won only one of their last nine matches, so it will take a monumental effort to secure their place in the next round of the Champions League.
- Indeed, City should make light work of Schalke here.