Everton vs Chelsea ( WON )
Everton vs Chelsea
Анализ на прогнозата
- Kurt Zouma cannot face parent club Chelsea due to the terms in his loan agreement. Yerry Mina is expected to deputise in his absence.
- Seamus Coleman was a last-minute withdrawal against Newcastle last weekend because of illness and Marco Silva will be desperate to have the right-back available here.
- Leighton Baines and Phil Jagielka are other injury concerns, though neither would start if 100 per cent fit.
- Morgan Schneiderlin and Andre Gomes are in competition for a starting berth this weekend. The latter got the nod last time out.
- Gonzalo Higuain missed Thursday’s Europa League clash with Dynamo Kyiv through illness and remains a doubt here.
- Olivier Giroud scored a hat-trick in his absence in Ukraine and will hope to be rewarded with what would be just his seventh league start of the season.
- Sarri shuffled his pack in midweek and will recall the likes of Eden Hazard, Jorginho and David Luiz for Sunday’s trip to Goodison Park.
- As Willian and Mateo Kovacic started in midweek, it’s safe to assume Pedro and Ross Barkley will start at Goodison Park.
- Everton blew a 2-0 lead against Newcastle to lose 3-2 last weekend. The Toffees have only won one of their last six in the Premier League and only one of their last eight at home.
- Chelsea have a great chance to solidify their claim for a top four finish this weekend with neither Arsenal, Tottenham nor Manchester United in league action this weekend.
- Chelsea will go level on points with Arsenal in fourth with three points here and could even leapfrog the Gunners with an emphatic scoreline. They did win 5-0 away from home in midweek.
- This is Chelsea’s game in hand on their top-six rivals and win would also put them a point behind third place Tottenham. They cannot afford to miss this opportunity.