Netherlands vs Germany ( WON )
Netherlands vs Germany
Анализ на прогнозата
- Ronald Koeman named his strongest side in Thursday’s 4-0 win over Belarus and is not expected to make many changes when the Netherlands take on Germany this weekend.
- Kenny Tete has been replaced in the squad by Atalanta’s Hans Hateboer and he may slot straight into the team at right-back after Denzel Dumfries came off with injury against Belarus.
- Marten de Roon was substituted at half-time and his position could be up for grabs this weekend.
- Joachim Low has confirmed Manuel Neuer will remain his first choice goalkeeper despite a disappointing campaign.
- Timo Werner underwhelmed against Serbia and could be replaced by Marco Reus in the starting XI.
- Leroy Sane came away unscathed from a heavy challenge in Germany’s 1-1 draw with Serbia on Wednesday and is available here.
- Low uses Bayern Munich right-back Joshua Kimmich as a central midfielder and the 24-year-old will continue in the role on Sunday.
- Chelsea centre-back Antonio Rudiger was an unused substitute against Serbia and will push to start against the Netherlands.
- Low alternates between a back four and three man defence and it remains to be seen how they will line up on Sunday.
- The Netherlands kick started their Euro 2020 qualifiying campaign with a comfortable 4-0 win over Belarus. With home advantage, they will hope to avoid defeat against Germany for the second time in the space of four months.
- Germany prepared for Sunday’s clash with Netherlands by drawing 1-1 with Serbia in a friendly. They improved in the second half but are still underwhelming under Joachim Low. They have only won two of seven matches since the 2018 World Cup.
- The Netherlands are certainly the form side heading into Sunday’s qualifier and will be disappointed if they don’t come away from this match with at least a point.