Liverpool vs Tottenham ( WON )
Liverpool vs Tottenham
Анализ на прогнозата
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp will give Trent Alexander-Arnold every opportunity to be fit in time for Sunday’s clash, with the right-back a doubt for the Reds.
- Joe Gomez is back in training, but this game will come too soon for the youngster, so Joel Matip should continue alongside Virgil van Dijk in defence.
- Xherdan Shaqiri and Naby Keita will both be assessed ahead of kick off, but Alex Oxlade Chamberlain is expected to be miss out here as he steps up his recovery from a knee problem.
- Eric Dier was forced off in the first half of England’s 5-0 win over Czech Republic last week and sits this one out.
- Serge Aurier also sustained an injury on international duty with the Ivory Coast and is ruled out here, which means Kieran Trippier starts at right-back.
- Kyle Walker-Peters took a knock for the England U21s against Germany on Tuesday night and will be assessed, but Harry Winks is also out, with Victor Wanyama set to start.
- Mauricio Pochettino must decide whether to start in a three-man defence or a 4-3-1-2, the latter of which could see Davinson Sanchez miss out on a starting spot.
- Liverpool could well be one point behind Manchester City by the time this match kicks off, but the Reds will be confident of moving back to the Premier League’s summit on Sunday. Liverpool haven’t lost a league game at Anfield to Tottenham since 2011, where goals from Rafael van der Vaart and Luka Modric compounded the Merseyside outfit to a 2-0 loss.
- Tottenham, though, have lost their last three away league games and are in the midst of a four-match winless run, losing three. They have lost ground in the race for a top four finish and need a positive result here in order to stave off Arsenal and Manchester United in fourth and fifth, respectively.
- However, Liverpool have dropped points just twice at Anfield this season and are unbeaten in 36 home league matches and should continue that run with victory here.