Arsenal vs Newcastle United ( WON )
Arsenal vs Newcastle United
Анализ на прогнозата
- Lucas Torreira is suspended for Arsenal and with Granit Xhaka and Aaron Ramsey doubts, Unai Emery has a minor injury crisis in the middle of the park.
- Nacho Monreal will also be assessed, though Emery may resist the temptation to rush him back to fitness with a tough Europa League meeting with Napoli looming.
- Rob Holding, Danny Welbeck and Hector Bellerin all miss out.
- Fabian Schar sustained a head injury on international duty, but is suspended anyway for the away side.
- Jamaal Lascelles is a doubt and will be assessed, but Rafa Benitez may opt against rushing him back for the trip to the Emirates, with Ciaran Clark in line to start in defence in place of Paul Dummett.
- Rob Elliot and Sean Longstaff are both sidelined for the visitors, with one of Mohamed Diame of Jonjo Shelvey in line to deputise for the latter.
- A five-match unbeaten run has moved Arsenal to within one point of north London rivals Tottenham in the race for a top four finish. They would be ahead of Spurs had Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang converted his late penalty at Wembley earlier this month, but Unai Emery will be pleased with how his team have performed in recent weeks.
- A run of one loss in their last six has moved Newcastle seven points clear of the relegation zone and the Magpies will be growing increasingly confident of securing their top-flight spot. That being said, they have lost their last six visits to the Emirates, conceding 18 goals in the process, so this match can be considered something of a free hit for the Magpies.
- Newcastle won’t make things easy for Arsenal, but home advantage should ultimately prevail for the Gunners.