Southampton vs Liverpool ( WON )
Southampton vs Liverpool
Анализ на прогнозата
- Jannik Vestergaard and Michael Obafemi are both ruled out for Southampton here.
- Shane Long missed the 1-0 win at Brighton, but is set to be part of the squad after returning to training, which is a boost as Danny Ings is unable to play his parent club.
- Mario Lemina is also back to full fitness and will hope to be involved.
- Virgil van Dijk is a doubt to face his former club with a ankle issue, yet he is expected to recover in time for Friday’s match.
- Joe Gomez and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are lacking fitness and are unlikely to be available for head coach Jurgen Klopp.
- He could make two changes to the XI that started the 2-1 win over Tottenham, with Naby Keita and Fabinho possibly coming in for James Milner and Jordan Henderson, while Adam Lallana and Xherdan Shaqiri are further options in attack.
- Three wins from their last four has moved Southampton five points clear of the relegation zone and they’ll be eager to land a third successive home league win when Liverpool make the trip to St. Mary’s. They have lost only one of their last four at home to Liverpool, though the Reds will be looking to lay down a marker with Manchester City in FA Cup action at the weekend.
- The Reds’ late winner at the weekend pushed them back to the top of the table, but they could be second by the time this match kicks off. Jurgen Klopp’s side are unbeaten in their last 11 league matches and have kept a clean sheet in their last four meetings with Southampton.
- Saints have been solid at home of late, but Liverpool have the means to secure another three points here.