Liverpool vs Porto ( WON )
Liverpool vs Porto
Анализ на прогнозата
- Jordan Henderson and James Milner will almost certainly return to the starting XI after both made important impacts from the bench in Friday’s 3-1 win over Southampton.
- Henderson will replace either Fabinho or Naby Keita in midfield, while James Milner may have to adapt to left-back to cover for the absence of Andrew Robertson.
- Joel Matip has not looked overly convincing in recent matches and Jurgen Klopp may ponder handing Dejan Lovren his first start since the beginning of January.
- Alex Oxlade Chamberlain and Joe Gomez are both closing in on first-team returns following long-term injuries but may miss out on the matchday squad here.
- Pepe and Héctor Herrera are both suspended for Porto, while Danilo, Otavio and Eder Militao are one booking away from missing the return leg.
- A hip injury ruled Alex Telles out at the weekend and Porto will be desperate to have one of their best players available on Tuesday.
- Pepe’s suspension should see Militao move into the heart of Porto’s defence and either Maxi Pereira or Jesus Manuel Corona will play at right-back.
- Porto have reverted to a 4-4-2 formation in their last batch of matches and may continue with that at Anfield. Matching Liverpool’s 4-3-3 formation is also an option.
- Sergio Conceicao may drop Yacine Brahimi again in order to be more defensively sound on the flanks with Otavio and Corona, if the latter is not deployed at right-back.
- Liverpool are the favourites heading into this Champions League quarter-final tie and will have their 5-0 victory over Porto from last season fresh in the memory.
- Porto will be out for revenge after failing to score a goal over two legs against Liverpool. The Portuguese side are unbeaten in six matches heading into Tuesday’s game at Anfield.
- Liverpool have only lost one match at home in all competitions this season and Porto’s aim will to still be in the tie when they head home. An away goal is therefore essiential for the visitors.