Tottenham vs Manchester City ( Lost )
Tottenham vs Manchester City
Анализ на прогнозата
- Mauricio Pochettino is sweating on the fitness of Fernando Llorente ahead of the welcome of Manchester City, but Eric Dier, Serge Aurier and Erik Lamela are ruled out.
- Tottenham haven’t been in action since last week, where they faced Crystal Palace, so the north London side should be well rested for this one.
- Pochettino has a selection conundrum on his hands in attack, with Son Heung-Min and Lucas Moura both pushing for starts in attack.
- However, the Spurs boss may bring Harry Winks back into the fold and use a three-man defence, which would see Dele Alli start in support of Harry Kane.
- Lamela, Son and Toby Alderweireld are all one booking away from a ban, which would rule them out of the second leg.
- Pep Guardiola is without Oleksandr Zinchenko and Fabian Delph for Tuesday’s trip to Tottenham and while Benjamin Mendy played 79 minutes in Saturday’s FA Cup semi-final, with that being his first start since November, the Manchester City boss may use Aymeric Laporte at left-back.
- That means John Stones, Nicolas Otamendi and Vincent Kompany would be battling for the two starting centre-backs spot, with Guardiola expected to use the former duo from the off in this instance.
- Further forward, Guardiola will give Sergio Aguero every opportunity to prove his fitness, with the Argentine a doubt having missed the last two games, while Bernardo Silva could get the nod to start on the right ahead of Leroy Sane and Riyad Mahrez.
- Claudio Bravo is ruled out for the away side despite a return to training, but Kyle Walker should be included in the squad to face his former side after suffering with a tight hamstring at the weekend.
- Tottenham ended their lengthy winless league run with a 2-0 win over Crystal Palace in their first official match at their new stadium last week and the north London side will hope to build on that success when they welcome Manchester City to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Tuesday night. In the Champions League, they are unbeaten in six, winning four of their last five, which included a hugely impressive 3-0 victory over Borussia Dortmund at Wembley.
- Manchester City will be boosted after they secured their FA Cup final spot as they chase the quadruple. Victory over Brighton extended their winning run to 14 matches and they have a fine recent record against Tottenham, winning their last four meetings with the north London outfit, while their only slip up in their last seven Champions League matches came in a 2-2 draw at Lyon back in November.
- There will be a raucous atmosphere at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in midweek, but City have the means to secure a first leg advantage in this one.