Liverpool vs Chelsea ( WON )
Liverpool vs Chelsea
Анализ на прогнозата
- Jordan Henderson has been immense for Liverpool since being afforded a more offensive role and he will continue in that role here, alongside Fabinho and one other midfielder.
- Andrew Robertson sat out Liverpool’s 2-0 win over FC Porto through suspension on Tuesday night and will be fresh to return to the starting XI on Sunday.
- Naby Keita has scored in successive Liverpool matches and should get the nod over James Milner and Georginio Wijnaldum in midfield.
- Dejan Lovren replaced Joel Matip at the back in midweek and will hope to continue here, though Joe Gomez is back in contention after a long spell out injured.
- Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri made wholesale changes for Thursday’s 1-0 win away to Slavia Prague and will recall upon his usual XI here.
- As Willian and Pedro both started in the Europa League, you can only imagine that Callum Hudson-Odoi has a great chance of featuring from the off at Anfield.
- Ruben Loftus-Cheek started Chelsea’s last Premier League game but don’t be surprised if Sarri opts for more control here with Mateo Kovacic or Ross Barkley.
- With Manchester City due to play Crystal Palace prior to this match, Liverpool could find themselves one point behind in the title race at kick-off. There will be huge pressure on Jurgen Klopp’s side if City do beat Palace, though they haven’t lost a home league game all season and have only dropped points twice.
- Chelsea are finding their feet under Maurizio Sarri at the ideal moment in the season and should fancy their chances of securing a top-four finish. They start the weekend in third but that will likely change by the time this match starts. Like Liverpool, the pressure will be on if results go against them prior to kick-off.
- The home side in this fixture over the last six meetings has scored exactly one goal and four of the last five games between the two sides at Anfield have finished 1-1.