Manchester City vs Tottenham ( WON )
Manchester City vs Tottenham
Анализ на прогнозата
- Benjamin Mendy started the 4-3 win over Tottenham on Wednesday night, though Pep Guardiola may resist the temptation to start the Frenchman after two bad knee injuries, so Fabian Delph could start with Oleksandr Zinchenko a doubt.
- Claudio Bravo is back in training, but unlikely to play again this season.
- Fernandinho and Leroy Sane may both come into the side that started the Champions League clash, while John Stones will be pushing for a place in the XI.
- Moussa Sissoko was forced off in midweek and Mauricio Pochettino must decide whether to drop Christian Eriksen into a deeper midfield role or bring Oliver Skipp into the starting XI, though the Frenchman will be handed every chance to be fit in time.
- However, Harry Winks is closing in on a return to fitness, but this game comes too soon for the midfielder, while Erik Lamela will also be assessed and Eric Dier and Vincent Janssen return to training on Friday.
- Serge Aurier and Harry Kane miss out, while the likes of Juan Foyth, Ben Davies and Davinson Sanchez will all be hoping for a start.
- Manchester City crashed out of the Champions League at the hands of Tottenham on Wednesday night as the duo played out an entertaining encounter at the Etihad Stadium. Meeting for the third time in 10 days, Pep Guardiola will be keen to see his City side return to winning ways as they push for the title.
- Tottenham have lost their last three away matches and seven of their last eight away from home. Spurs remain in the race to secure a top four finish, yet despite the boost on confidence that will have come from Champions League progression, they will be on the backfoot from the get go here.
- City have won their last nine Premier League matches and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see them extend that to 10 in what promises to be another entertaining encounter as the home side seek revenge for Wednesday’s European exit.