Manchester United vs Chelsea ( WON )
Manchester United vs Chelsea
Анализ на прогнозата
- Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer named a surprise XI for the 2-0 defeat at home to Manchester City on Wednesday and it remains to be seen who he will pick for the reception of Chelsea.
- Matteo Darmian made his first league start since Jose Mourinho’s final match in charge of United in the derby defeat in midweek, while Andreas Pereira was picked ahead of Nemanja Matic.
- David de Gea’s form has sunk to new lows but Solskjaer has confirmed he will not drop the Spaniard on Sunday.
- Romelu Lukaku, Anthony Martial and Alexis Sanchez were substitutes in midweek and will hope to start against Chelsea.
- Ander Herrera has trained since Wednesday and is expected in the matchday squad after a six-game absence through injury. Scott McTominay failed a fitness test prior to the City game and will need further assessment before Sunday.
- Callum Hudson-Odoi faces a long stint on the sidelines after undergoing surgery on an Achilles tendon injury. Pedro or Willian will deputise for Hudson-Odoi on the right flank at Old Trafford.
- Ross Barkley or Mateo Kovacic will hope to replace Ruben Loftus-Cheek in midfield on Sunday, whole Andreas Christensen will continue to deputise for the injured Antonio Rudiger.
- Marcos Alonso missed the 2-2 draw with Burnley through injury and remains a doubt here. Emerson will hope to keep his place at left-back even if Alonso proves his fitness in time.
- N’Golo Kante picked up a rib injury on Monday night but it would be a shock if he didn’t feature here.
- Manchester United have lost four of their last six in the Premier League but are incredibly still in with a shout to finish fourth as their rivals are also dropping points. Anything other than three points against Chelsea on Sunday would surely be curtains for their top-four hopes, however.
- Chelsea have won three of their last six Premier League matches, though have also suffered two defeats and one draw in that time. Maurizio Sarri’s side head into the weekend occupying fourth spot but may be down in fifth by the time this game kicks off.
- This is an incredibly tough game to call. Chelsea have lost five of their last seven away league matches and have failed to score in each of those defeats. United, meanwhile, haven’t scored in three matches in a row in all competitions for the first time since 2015 under Louis van Gaal.
- United are unbeaten in their last five home matches against Chelsea but are in a bad place at the moment. Eden Hazard is the stand out player from both sides and should be the difference-maker at Old Trafford.