Tottenham vs Ajax ( WON )
Tottenham vs Ajax
Анализ на прогнозата
- Son Heung-Min is suspended for Tottenham after his yellow card in the second leg 4-3 loss at Manchester City ruled him out of this match.
- With Harry Kane out, Lucas Moura is set to lead the attack with Christian Eriksen and Dele Alli in support.
- Serge Aurier misses out, as does Harry Winks having undergone surgery, but Moussa Sissoko and Jan Vertonghen trained this week and both may start here.
- Carel Eiting is Ajax’s only injury concern for Ajax ahead of their trip to Tottenham.
- The Eredivisie side won’t have played for a week by the time this match comes around after the Dutch FA postponed the weekend’s games in order for Ajax to prepare accordingly.
- As such, they should be well rested for their trip to London.
- Tottenham lost their first ever game at their new stadium in a 1-0 loss to West Ham on Saturday and they’ll be looking to bounce back against a buoyant Ajax side. Spurs haven’t been wholly convincing of late having lost three of their last four competitive matches, with their sole success in that run coming against Brighton.
- Ajax come into this tie on the back of an eight-match unbeaten run, with the only blip on the record in that time coming in a 1-1 draw with Juventus. The Dutch powerhouse have lost only one of their last 15 matches and come into this clash in London on a four-match away winning run.
- Given Spurs’ midfield issues, and the absence of key forwards Son Heung-Min and Harry Kane, Ajax could secure a first leg advantage with a narrow win in England.