Leeds vs Derby ( Lost )
Leeds vs Derby
Анализ на прогнозата
- With Kemar Roofe set to miss the second leg through injury the return of striker Patrick Bamford from suspension is a timely boost.
- Adam Forshaw will also miss out having been forced off early on at Pride Park, with teenager Jamie Shackleton in line to deputise in midfield.
- Pontus Jansson missed the first leg win over Derby with a knock but should be back fit for the second leg.
- Mateusz Klich was fortunate to escape a confrontation with Fikayo Tomori with just a yellow card on Saturday but will face no retrospective action.
- First-choice striker Martyn Waghorn picked up an injury in training ahead of the playoff first leg and remains doubtful here.
- With Waghorn likely to miss out once again and David Nugent offering little up top on Saturday afternoon, Frank Lampard could recall Jack Marriott to the attack for the second leg.
- The Rams are expected to remain elsewhere unchanged though after a first leg defeat in which they showed glimpses of the form that got them this far.
- Leeds were outstanding in the first leg of this playoff semi-final and won the game with a beautiful flowing team move finished off by Kemar Roofe. All the talk will be about Craig Pawson’s decision to award and then overturn a Derby penalty but Marcelo Bielsa will focus on how his side kept the Rams from playing for large periods of a tight encounter.
- Derby now trail Leeds 7-1 on aggregate across three matches this season and time is running out for Frank Lampard to devise a plan to get the better of Marcelo Bielsa’s side. The absence of Waghorn up front was certainly a huge blow for the home side, but Lampard’s men realistically created little in the way of chances for David Nugent and Jack Marriott to finish and will need to rethink their approach to stand any chance here.