Tottenham vs Liverpool ( Lost )
Tottenham vs Liverpool
Анализ на прогнозата
- Harry Kane has given Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino a huge boost with the striker back in full training following an ankle injury and he could start here, with one of Son Heung-Min or hat-trick hero Lucas Moura set to miss out.
- Harry Winks and Davinson Sanchez are also back in training following respective injuries to bolster Pochettino’s squad options ahead of the Champions League final.
- Victor Wanyama will be assessed having taken a knock in the 3-2 win at Ajax in the semi-final, while Jan Vertonghen should be fit to start alongside Toby Alderweireld at the heart of the defence.
- Ben Davies misses out, however, with an ongoing groin issue, with Danny Rose in line to continue at left-back.
- Naby Keita is Jurgen Klopp’s only confirmed injury absentee ahead of Saturday’s clash in Madrid, with the midfielder ruled out with a groin problem.
- Other than that, Klopp is unlikely to spring any real surprises ahead of the Champions League final, though his main selection dilemma comes in the middle of the park.
- The Reds boss must decide whether to start the experienced James Milner or go with semi-final hero Georgino Wijnaldum alongside Fabinho and captain Jordan Henderson in a midfield three.
- Andrew Robertson has been given the all clear to start at left-back after being forced off in the dramatic 4-0 win over Barcelona, while Joel Matip can be expected to get the nod over Dejan Lovren to start.
- Tottenham secured their spot in the Champions League final in dramatic circumstances as they netted a last-minute winner in Amsterdam to book a place in Madrid. That said, Spurs’ form has been indifferent in recent weeks with just two wins to their name from their last eight. Away from home, too, the north London side have been hugely underwhelming, losing nine of their last 11 matches on the road, though the two wins in that run were in the Champions League.
- Liverpool will have been disappointed not to have been crowned Premier League champions having missed out on top spot by a solitary point. They’ll hope to go one better in the Champions League than they did last season after losing the final 3-1 to Real Madrid in Ukraine and have a decent recent record against Spurs having lost just one of their last 12 meetings between the two, winning seven in that run.
- Liverpool won the two meetings between the pair 2-1 this season and a repeat of the scoreline is on the cards, with the Reds favourites to be crowned champions of Europe.