Argentina vs Paraguay ( WON )
Argentina vs Paraguay
Анализ на прогнозата
- After losing their Copa America opener to Colombia, Lionel Scaloni will ponder wholesale changes for Argentina’s must win game with Paraguay.
- Paulo Dybala didn’t even get off the bench against Colombia but has no defined role for the national team. He may have to setle for another place on the bench here, with Milton Casco, Matias Suarez, Lautaro Martínez, Rodrigo De Paul, Roberto Pereyra and Roberto Pereyra are all pushing for starts.
- Established star names like Sergio Aguero and Angel Di Maria face the chop against Paraguay and the latter was even subbed off at half-time in the defeat to Colombia.
- Derlis Gonzalez came off the bench and turned in a WhoScored Man of the Match display in Paraguay’s 2-2 draw with Qatar and will push to start here.
- Junior Fernandez was picked in goal against Qatar ahead of Alfredo Aguilar and Antony Silva and should continue here. Veteran striker Oscar Cardozo scored against Qatar and will keep his place in attack.
- Argentina simply have to beat Paraguay after losing their Copa America opener 2-0 to Colombia. Lionel Messi is facing more major tournament misery unless Argentina do not make rapid improvements.
- Paraguay will be kicking themselves after blowing a 2-0 lead against Qatar to draw 2-2. Three points over Qatar would have put them in a great position in Group B, but instead they need to at least one of their remaining two matches against Argentina or Colombia.
- Paraguay won the last meeting between the two countries and have kept clean sheets in successive games against Argentina. Expect another close fought match, particuarly as Argentina are in such bad form at the moment.