With its entry into force as of May 25, 2018, EU Regulation 679/2016 imposes an obligation for organizations that set cookies through websites in the computers and mobile devices of visitors to obtain the respective “consent” of the latter.
In order to be able to obtain the most appropriate information and the best services when you visit https://smartball.eu, hereunder referred to as the “Internet Portal” or the “Website”, information and data will be collected through the use of the so-called “cookies”.
In this manner SMARTBALL, EOOD will be able to:
– Provide customized services when you visit the website;
– Improve its services by facilitating your access to what you are seeking.
WHAT ARE THE COOKIES?
Cookies are small pieces of data that are sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your device, their function being for you to be distinguished from other users on the same website or to retain certain information related to your preferences.
Each cookie is unique to your browser and contains anonymous information. The content includes the name of the domain from which it comes, its lifespan and a value usually in the form of a randomly generated number.
HOW ARE THE COOKIES USED?
Cookies are used to make the content of the Website adaptable to the user’s preferences and in order to optimize the use of the online store.
Cookies provide information about the webpage history, whether a user is a new one or whether he has already visited the Website. In addition, cookies are also used to create anonymous statistics related to user behavior on the website to improve the functionality, design, look and content of the said website.
WHAT IS THE LIFESPAN OF THE COOKIES?
Cookies are active for a different time period. Depending on the duration of their activity, cookies are defined as “session” and “permanent” ones.
Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookies file of your web browser for the duration of the visit only and are deleted when the browser is closed.
Permanent cookies remain in the cookies file of your web browser even after the browser is closed and are not automatically deleted. They are used to store and back up settings and preferences, and to improve the user experience of the website as of the next visit.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES EXIST:
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Essential cookies:
These are the kind of cookies that are strictly necessary for the website to perform its functions. These cookies are used, for example:
– To establish the authenticity and identity of users when they use our Website so that we can provide our services;
– To be able to comply with our Terms and Conditions and to maintain the security of our services.
- Performance and functionality cookies:
This kind of cookies are not strictly necessary, but they allow us to personalize your online experience with our site.
This type of cookies is used to:
– To memorize your preferences so that you do not have to enter any information you have already provided (for example, when you enter your data to access our services);
– To collect information about how our users use our services so that we can improve our website and services and conduct market researches.
- Advertising Cookies:
We may use these cookies:
– To get information on how you use our website, on how you respond to ads in order to provide you with ads that are tailored to your needs;
– To determine which are the most popular and visited sections of our website;
– To monitor the use of our services and website (frequency and time);
– To track the success of a product;
– To determine how often you and other users visit our website;
– To conduct polls.
This type of cookies aim at delivering ads that are tailored to you and your needs. These ads are known as interest based advertising.
- Session Cookies:
We may also use session cookies, for example:
– To allow you to navigate between individual pages of our Website without having to log in repeatedly;
– To identify you when you return to our website to use our services;
– When filling in polls and others, we can take the responses to show your personal score;
– To keep the answers to a filled-in questionnaire form so you do not have to fill out the same questionnaire repeatedly.
We use information from cookies to make our website more enjoyable and user-friendly and in order to provide you with personalized recommendations.
In some cases, third-party cookies may also be used as part of our services. They are managed by the respective websites and are not controlled by us. Please, find below the third-party cookies we use, some of which can be turned off using the general settings of your browser. For the rest, please visit the relevant websites and follow the provided instructions.
Google Analytics – to generate statistics for website traffic and traffic sources, as well as for conversion of measures and sales – to decline, please check here:
CAN YOU DELETE COOKIES AND HOW TO DO IT?
You can delete all cookies already stored on your computer and set most browsers to block them completely.
Nevertheless, if you take these actions, you may need to manually configure some parameters each time you visit a website, and some services and features may also not function.
AMENDMENTS TO OUR COOKIES POLICY
Any future amendments to our Cookies Policy will be posted on our webpage. If necessary, you shall be notified of any amendments via e-mail in accordance with the general terms and conditions.
For any questions, comments, and requests related to the Cookies Policy, please feel free to contact us: https://smartball.eu/contacts