Aston Villa vs West Bromwich ( WON )
Aston Villa vs West Bromwich
Анализ на прогнозата
- Dean Smith has a decision to make regarding the goalkeeper situation on Saturday Jed Steer has been in fine form since he was called upon to deputise but Lovre Kalinic is now back available following a knee injury.
- Midfield duo Jack Grealish and John McGinn were both rested against Norwich but will return to the midfield for the first leg of the playoffs.
- Tammy Abraham, Tyrone Mings and Ahmed Elmohamady should also start after being left out against the Canaries.
- The only other area of uncertainty for the hosts lies on the wing with Anwar El Ghazi, Albert Adomah and Andre Green all fighting for two starting spots, though Jonathan Kodjia’s form could also see the Ivorian come into consideration for a wide role.
- James Shan will likely make just one change to the side that lost to Derby on the final day with winger Matt Phillips pushing to replace Newcastle loanee, Jacob Murphy, who has underwhelmed of late.
- Hal Robson-Kanu was sent off for kicking out at a Derby player in injury time on Sunday afternoon and will miss the entire playoff campaign.
- Former England international Jake Livermore has been struggling with an ankle problem of late but is in with a chance of making the bench on Saturday.
- Experienced midfielder Gareth Barry is the only other injury concern for the away side after knee surgery ruled him out for the remainder of the campaign and in turn a double header against his former club.
- Aston Villa’s 12-match unbeaten run came to an end on the final day of the season as a heavily-rotated Villans side lost 2-1 at home to Champions Norwich City. Dean Smith won’t be concerned with the result though and will take confidence from his side’s impressive recent form, despite the fact the Villans picked up just one point against the Baggies this season.
- While Villa head into the playoffs full of confidence, matters are less encouraging over in the West Brom camp. The Baggies travel to Villa Park fresh off the back of a 3-1 defeat against fellow playoff rivals Derby County with James Shan seemingly still not sure what his best starting XI is. If Shan’s men can head into the second leg with the scores level they will have done well here.